Saturday, November 30, 2019

Inner Peace: Part 11


==========
November 25th, 2019
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

The Panza is a traditional Italian restaurant in Boston, Massachusetts.  Marie Jones, together with her identical twin sister Kimberly Williams and Marie’s good friend Julianne Buchanan, are standing just inside the entrance of the restaurant, gazing at the dining area.  The restaurant was full of action; an old couple eating side by side, one glass of wine each, studiously bent over their meals. A group of young women in their thirties collapsing with helpless giggles as a stern woman dining alone nearby looked on and frowned, businessmen in their grey suits lighting up cigars, tourists, trying to decipher the menu, A family and their teenage children. The noise level was high and the trio of ladies, who have come here for a purpose, are finding it difficult to focus on their objective.

Being “objective” is another problem for these three ladies.  Julianne isn’t exactly thrilled with what they are planning for this evening; it was difficult to convince her to come with them to see Brandon Buchanan, her brother who is convinced that this Inner Peace Enlightenment Retreat is nothing more than a cult.  It was difficult for Kimberly to convince Marie as well but for Marie this is about proving her identical twin sister wrong.  She is convinced that there is nothing wrong with the retreat, she is convinced that Kimberly is just overreacting to a bunch of nonsense and perhaps this is the only way she can get her sister to drop this issue once and for all?

“Where is he?” Julianne asks.  Her usual happy, jovial demeanor seems to be gone, replaced by an irritated, impatient tone.  One can expect this, considering she is seeing her brother for the first time in a long time.  Kimberly scans the room and shakes her head.

“I don’t see anyone, but I’m sure he’ll be here.”

“I hope so.” Julianne remarks. “I don’t want this to be a waste of my time.”

“It won’t be.” Marie assures her friend with a wide grin and a shake of her head. “If anything, Kimberly is always good to come through on her word.  If she says your brother will be here then he’ll be here.”

“Thanks for the vote of confidence, sis.” Kimberly says with a wink.  The Woman Scorned continues to scan the restaurant, looking for Julianne’s brother Brandon.  Eventually she spots a hand waving clearly in the air.  She focuses on that hand and notices the familiar face of Brandon Buchanan.

“Excuse me?” The trio of ladies look up and notice the maĆ®tre d', a tall lanky young man, standing there. “Do you have a reservation?”

“Oh, no reservation!” Kimberly exclaims, motioning to Brandon. “We’re just meeting our friend over there!”

“Very well.” The young man steps aside and allows Kimberly to lead Marie and Julianne further into the restaurant, past other tables of customers and patrons, and finally to the table where Brandon is seated.  Kimberly sits down across from Brandon and Marie sits down next to her twin sister.  This forces Julianne to sit next to her brother, whether she wants to or not.  It is abundantly clear that there is a tension there, Julianne not sure if she can truly trust Brandon and Brandon, not sure how he should approach his sister who he has not seen in a long time.

“Brandon!” Kimberly exclaims, breaking the ice finally after an awkward few moments of silence. “Glad you could make it!  Sorry we’re a little late!”

“It’s ok, I’m just glad you and Marie could help make this happen.” Brandon says, turning awkwardly and staring at Julianne. “Didn’t think I’d ever see you again, Julie.”

“You had every opportunity to see me, Brandon.” Julianne snaps back at her brother with venom in her voice.  Things could not have gotten off to a worse start, Marie and Kim can both see this.  A nice distraction would be good; almost as if on cue, a cheerful waitress approaches their table with what appears to be an electronic tablet in hand.

“Welcome to Panza!  What may I get you to drink?”

“Chianti Toscolo.”

Kimberly rolls her eyes at her sister’s wine choice.

“Get me a Sam Adams.”

“Water for me.” Julianne answers simply.  Brandon nods his head.

“Water for me, as well.”

Marie can’t help but chuckle, as the waitress plugs the orders in on her tablet. “I’ll be back later to get your meal order.”

With that the waitress walks off.  Brandon is still trying his best to break the tension between himself and his sister. “You look good, Julie.”

“Cut the crap, Brandon.” This is definitely out of the ordinary for Julianne and Marie notices it, as does Kimberly. “If you wanted to see me you could have a long time ago.”

“I tried.” He insists. “You did get my letters, didn’t you?”

“What letters?” Julianne asks sounding more and more irritated but also sounding rather confused at the same time. “What are you talking about, Brandon?”

“I sent you letters.  I even tried to call the retreat but no one ever picked up.  I kept getting a busy signal.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about!” Julianne declares loudly, shaking her head in disbelief. “I never got any letters and I never got any phone calls from anyone!”

With that, Julianne gets up and storms away from the table.  Brandon shoots up. “Julie, wait…”

He goes after her.  This leaves Marie and Kim alone at the table when the waitress returns with the drink orders.  She places the two waters next to where Brandon and Julianne were sitting.  Then she passes a Sam Adams to Kimberly and a wine to Marie.

“Do you two ladies know what you want to eat?”

Marie nods her head.

“I want a chicken panza, please.”

“And I want the braised beef short rib.”

The waitress deftly tapped the screen to transmit the order straight to the kitchen, then she beamed at Kimberly and Marie with the enthusiasm of someone new to the job before walking off to take care of her other tables.  Once she is out of sight, Kim turns to face Marie and speaks…

“Don’t you find this suspicious?”

“What do you mean, the service?” Marie asks curiously. “I mean, it is odd that she didn’t wait and take Julianne and Brandon’s orders too.”

“Don’t play dumb, Marie.” Kimberly shakes her head. “You know what I’m talking about.”

“Kim, look…”

“No, I’m not going to just sit idly by and watch you and Julianne go down this dark path.” Kimberly declares. “Brandon is right, this Inner Peace crap is nothing but a cult.  You heard it himself, he tried to send her letters and they never got delivered.  He tried to call but he never got through.  That has to be suspicious, doesn’t it?”

“You’re assuming he’s telling the truth.”

“Oh I’m fairly certain he’s telling the truth.  He seems a hell of a lot more trustworthy than that Raul character.” A devilish smirk spreads across the face of The Woman Scorned. “Though I gotta admit, he’s good in bed.”

Marie’s eyes grow wide with shock. “Oh Kim you didn’t…”

“I did!” Kimberly nods her head enthusiastically. “I wasn’t gonna say anything but clearly you’re not going to believe anything else or anyone else so may as well throw it out there; I traded places with you.  One night when Tommy took you out, I went dressed as you to the retreat.  And your pal Raul came onto me.  I didn’t even have to provoke it or anything.  He wanted nothing more than my...well, your sweet ass in bed.  And he thinks he got it…”

“Oh my God…” Marie shakes her head, her face grows red in pure embarrassment.

“Marie, sis, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but Raul just wants you and Julianne for the sex.  That’s it.”

“You invaded my privacy…” Marie’s voice trails off as she shakes her head in disbelief “...I can’t believe you didn’t trust me enough…”

“I trust you, Marie.  It’s them I don’t trust.” Kim insists. “I know a con when I see it and turns out this is more than just a con.  Your friend Raul is creating himself a sex cult, nothing more and if you don’t believe me, ask him yourself.  But don’t say that I didn’t try to warn you.”

==========
November 26th, 2019
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

The rather cryptic warning from Kimberly was enough to shake Marie to her core.  That still didn’t change the fact that she was upset with her twin sister invading her privacy by sneaking into the Inner Peace Enlightenment Retreat, fooling everyone, including Raul and Julianne, into thinking she was Marie.  Still, the mere possibility that Kimberly could be right, that Raul is indeed a monster, a sexual predator, is enough to make Marie at least confront this possibility head on.  Convincing Julianne to do the same was difficult, for she still refuses to believe anything bad, anything negative about Raul Alfaro, the affable leader of this movement.  Still, she trusts Marie enough to follow the ginger down the hall towards Raul’s office in order to confront him about these rather vile allegations.

“I’m not sure this is a good idea, Marie.” Julianne says, her voice full of nerves and uncertainty.  The Phoenix can understand, as she has her own doubts, but she does want answers, one way or the other.

“I’m not too fond of this idea, either, but what my sister accused Raul of is despicable to say the least.”

“And you believe her?” Julianne asks flatly.  Marie responds with a nod of her head.

“Let’s just say that my sister would not lie to me.”

“Yet she lied to everyone here at this retreat when she took your place.  This is the same sister who kidnapped you and took your place once upon a time, am I right?”

As much as she hates to admit it, Julianne raises a pretty valid point.  Kimberly has a reputation for being sneaky and conniving.  Yet Kimberly has been trying to improve herself and Marie knows this as well.  “I know my sister has a history, not a very good one either, but if what she is saying has the tiniest kernel of truth about it, then I want to know.” Jones sighs. “And if Kimberly is flat out lying, I want to know that as well.”

Julianne nods her head. “Fair enough.”

The Phoenix shrugs as she stands up and follows her blonde friend further down the hall.  A few moments later they come to a black door with “Alfaro” engraved on the front.  Clearly this is the office of the owner and so-called leader of this organization, Raul Alfaro.  Jones doesn’t hesitate as she immediately knocks on the door.

“Mr. Alfaro!  It’s Marie and Julianne!  We need to talk!” Marie stands there and waits for several moments but no response comes.  She knocks again.  The Phoenix notices that her blonde friend Julianne seems to be a little more worried and nervous now.

“Maybe we should go,” she says “we’re probably disturbing him.”

“No, we’re not leaving until we get answers.” Marie insists.

A few moments later and the door opens.  Raul Alfaro is standing there in a clean white suit and black button up shirt underneath.  He smiles warmly at the two ladies standing in front of him. “Ah, Marie, and Julianne, how lovely of you to come visit with me!”

“We’re not bothering you, are we?” Marie asks nervously.  Raul shakes his head.

“Oh of course not,” he reaches out and runs his hand through Marie’s long red hair “I always have time for my two special girls.”

Immediately warning flags are raised for Marie.  This seems to match with what Kimberly had told her. “Uh, Mr. Alfaro, we met Julianne’s brother yesterday.  According to him he’s been trying to contact Julianne through calls and letters but nothing has come through.  Do you know anything about that?”

“Now Marie, we shouldn’t jump to conclusions…” Julianne insists.  Raul, though, shakes his head.

“It’s ok, Julianne.  It is perfectly understandable for young Ms. Jones to be curious.” He leans over and kisses Marie on her cheek. “I like that in my girls…”

“You know I have a boyfriend, Mr. Alfaro.” Marie points out, backing away from him.  Raul approaches her threateningly with a sick grin on his face.  Julianne rushes up to jump in between them.

“She said no!” Without warning Raul grabs Julianne by her throat and shoves her to the floor. Jones uses this momentary distraction to grab Raul and hip toss him to the floor.  Jones points an accusatory finger down at him.

“Kimberly was right about you!  You monster!”

“Monster?” Raul forces himself up.  An angry sneer forms across his face. “I offered you inner peace and I ask for so little in return.”

“Little?  You want us, you want our bodies!” Marie exclaims loudly.

“So what?!” He points angrily towards the door. “Get out!  Both of you get out!”

Julianne struggles to her feet.  Tears are flowing freely down her cheek as she rushes out of the room.  Marie doesn’t wait to confront Raul any longer.  She knows that her time is better spent with her friend now.  Jones catches up with her just outside of Raul’s office.

“This wasn’t supposed to end like this…” Julianne’s voice fades off as she wipes tears from her eyes.  Marie wraps a comforting arm around her friend’s shoulders.

“You do realize that this was unavoidable, don’t you?  You saw what he was doing.”

“Yeah…” Julianne sniffles “...it still hurts…”

“But you’re not alone.” Marie embraces her in a tight hug. “I will always be there for you.”




==========
On Camera
==========

We open in front of an SCW Clarity pay per view logo backdrop.  “The Phoenix” Marie Jones enters from stage right and “The Woman Scorned” Kimberly Williams enters from stage left.  The identical twins turn to face the camera and it is Marie who speaks up first.

“You know, Clarity is the name of this event but I’m not sure it is an appropriate name.  After all, considering the events of the past several weeks, do you really believe that this clusterfuck of a ladder match will settle anything?”

She points a long slender finger at the camera. “And this is all squarely on the shoulders of Infamous, Ravyn and Christy and Autumn and Ryan and…” Kimberly leans over and whispers something into Marie’s ear.

“Oh, right, thanks Kim.  I forgot that Ryan and Autumn weren’t part of Infamous.” Marie winks playfully. “Yes, lets go along with that just for the sake of the story!”

Kimberly and Marie both share a giggle. “You have successfully managed to piss off everyone else in this match, including Jordan and Starr, who just simply want to beat some revenge out of you.  And then there’s Kandis and Tommy, the only two outside of Kim and myself who actually have a legitimate claim to a tag team title match.  And then you guys go on and pull this stupid little stunt at the live events?  Trade the tag titles back and forth.  Oh but we’re not supposed to think you four are aligned.  Right…”

Jones winks and Kimberly laughs nastily. “Evidence?  There doesn’t need to be any further evidence of you four being in bed together like a bunch of cheap whores.  But then again, that’s an insult to cheap whores.  Between the four of you it’s Ryan Watson and three sluts.  And you think you’re so damn smart, you think you’re so fucking wise but you are truly the stupidest of people I have ever run into.  Especially you, Christy...” 

Kimberly shakes her head “...you are one dumb little bitch.  ‘Oh look at me!  I was tag champion for twenty four hours but at least it counts!  Yipeee!’  What a dumb little bitch.  But that’s not the only evidence for your stupidity.” She points to her sister Marie. “Because you just had to target my sister. You had to go after Marie.  What little control I had just went out the fucking window.”

The Phoenix nods her head in agreement with her identical twin. “And I am in full agreement with Kimberly.  The time to play by any kind of moral code or standard has ended.  This is a ladder match, after all, and that makes absolutely anything legal.  Everything is legal.  All you have to do is climb that ladder and secure the tag team championship.” Marie points to Kimberly who waves jovially at the camera. “So when my fun-loving sister decides to maim any of the four of you at Clarity, I will let it happen; because karma is a bitch and so is Kimberly when you piss her off and trust me when I say that you have royally pissed her off.”

“Then there’s Jordan and Jakey,” Kimberly shrugs her shoulders “you know, I think we all want to see Infamous get maimed.  But know that when those four…”

“Two, Kim.” Marie says jokingly.

“Oh, right,” Kimberly slaps herself on the forehead “two, silly me, how could I forget?  Anyway, when those two sluts are maimed, and when it comes down to it, you still stand in the way of me and Marie getting back what we want, what we never should have lost.  And I know that would be a great feel good story, you two winning, but that isn’t going to happen.”

Marie steps forward. “The tag titles are coming home with us, with Twin Magic.  And there’s nothing anyone can do about it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment