Friday, October 25, 2019

Inner Peace: Part 7


==========
October 4th, 2019
Tallahassee, Florida
On Camera
==========

Well ok, maybe it isn’t completely “on camera” in the sense of shooting a promo as she typically does for any of her professional wrestling appearances, but the media and other interested individuals are not gathered here in this green grassy field on the outskirts of Tallahassee, Florida in anxious anticipation for any sort of sporting event, let alone professional wrestling.  This event is an animal rights event, which one could gather based upon the banner hanging high in the trees which reads “World Animal Day”.  This is a rather packed event and, not surprisingly, most of these individuals here have come to hear this speech about animals, their plight, and how to help them.  But there are also quite a sizeable number of individuals, including a few media, here for an entirely different reason altogether.  It is difficult to tell them apart except for the fact that you can point out some of them in the crowd and realize why they are here; some of them make it quite obvious that they are not here to necessarily hear about animal rights.  These are the individuals wearing Supreme Championship Wrestling merchandise, specifically t-shirts representing that of “The Phoenix” Marie Annabelle Jones.

Yes, this event has been arranged by The Phoenix but not for her own ego or to make herself look good.  In fact, she has tried to get the journalists, photographs, and others from the media to step away and leave her alone but she cannot legally force them to keep away from this event; pesky first amendment right to a free press and all.  Jones just hopes that the media presence will not be a hindrance to her purpose of being here today.  Though standing in the background, waiting upon her introduction, she cannot help but smile as she spots several of her fans in attendance.  This is the real reason she does this.  The individuals who are here who already participate in and donate to animal rights charities do not need to hear what she has to say.  Jones is just preaching to the choir.  If she wants to make a difference, she knows she needs to preach to those who do not already know.

There is a man in khaki shorts, flip flops, and a white shirt standing on a small, make shift stage.  It isn’t a very impressive stage, nor does it look well built.  This was hurriedly put together as no one was quite ready for this but the sponsors were still pleased that Marie Jones would donate her time and effort to their cause.  The man in khaki shorts is speaking is preparing to introduce the keynote speaker and Marie stands ready just off stage, wearing an ankle length floral print black skirt, strappy sandals, and a red sleeveless top.  Her long red hair hangs unrestrained to below her shoulders.

“And now ladies and gentlemen it is my honor to introduce to you our guest of honor, a lady you will get to see compete later on tonight in Tallahassee if you have your tickets, she is one half of the reigning SCW World Tag Team Champions, she is “The Phoenix” Marie Annabelle Jones!”

The crowd in attendance comes alive as they applaud, watching and cheering as Jones steps upon the stage and approaches the center.  She stands alongside the man who just introduced her.  She shakes his hand briefly before he makes his exit off stage, leaving the stage to Marie and Marie alone.  The Phoenix waves to the fans as they continue to cheer.  The loud roar of the crowd doesn’t stop for a few more moments but as it slowly dies down Marie begins to speak.

“Thank you!  Thank you!” She bows her head briefly towards the crowd. “Thank you, James, and thank you for the warm reception from all of you Floridians!” The crowd cheers at the cheap pop.  Marie chuckles as a result. “And you will be in for a treat later on this evening in Tallahassee because as James pointed out, we will be having an event there live tonight and you will get to see me in action!”

Another round of applause.  Marie nods her head in approval. “Wrestling, competing against the best the wrestling business has to offer, that is my first love.  During that time, I have been to the top of the mountain as world champion in GCW and the now defunct UWA.  In SCW I have yet to win the top title...though I still have my eyes on that prize...but I have managed to win the Television Championship twice, the United States Championship once, and most recently I became world tag team champion alongside my sister Kimberly.”

“I have had many wars with many individuals during my time.  I won the UWA World Championship during a bitter rivalry with Vanilla Skyy.  Speaking of whom, I wish you the best in your recovery.  Get well soon, because we all want to see you better and back in the ring if at all possible.” This also brings about an applause from the crowd.  Jones pauses to let it die down before continuing. “In SCW I had a series of matches with Regan Street for the United States Championship.  I wouldn’t mind having another match or two with her…” she lets her voice trail off as she smirks knowingly “...and these tag team titles that I won with Kimberly?  I love being tag team champion.  It is an honor and a privilege to stand side by side with my sister to represent the tag team division in Supreme Championship Wrestling.”

Jones shakes her head. “But I am not here to brag about myself or to sell tickets to our SCW event later on tonight.  I am not here to tell stories of my in ring wars because today is not about me.  Today is World Animal Day and I think I can honestly say that animals are in a war right now far bigger than any I have been through or any of my colleagues are going through.  Many dogs and cats face horrible abusive situations while others have nowhere to go, forced to live on the streets without a home and if they ever do get caught by animal control they end up being put to sleep because no one wants them.”

“And it isn’t just our domesticated animals that are in danger.  The wild, exotic animals are fighting for their very survival.  The cheetah, lion, tiger, and other big cat species are critically endangered because of human activity.  Elephants to this day are hunted down for their ivory tusks.  So what I want you to do today is to think about them.  Think about the animals how you can help.  There are many charitable organizations out there fighting this battle, including the World Wildlife Foundation, the Africian Wildlife Foundation, and others that fight for the causes of the big beasts, the exotic animals of Africa and other places throughout the world where these beloved creatures are in danger of extinction.  If you want to focus on helping dogs, cats, and other pets, look no further than the Best Friends Animal Society. A leader in the no-kill movement, BFAS has been touted as one of the best pet rescue groups to support due to their goal of making every animal shelter in the U.S. no-kill by 2025.  You can also donate to and assist your local animal shelter or any other local rescue in town.”

“It is my sincere hope and prayer that you will follow my lead as I donate to several of these good animal rights charities in my attempt to help fight this battle for the animals.  And even if you cannot donate now, that is fine, even just spreading the word about what you heard here today is an excellent way to help....”

==========
October 11th, 2019
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

The halls are dressed in black and white and the tiles are almost like a checker board with humans as the pieces; the walls are white walls, not a hand print or scuff mark anywhere. The doors are a glossy black, numbered with silver digits.  The hallway is broad and straight.  The floor is shiny though, just like the water in the mornings, brought to a high polish.  To most outside observers this place truly has little to no personality.  Those on the inside, with knowledge of this place, would say that they just do not understand.

How could anyone understand The Inner Peace Enlightenment Retreat without first becoming a part of The Inner Peace Enlightenment movement?  Marie Jones was a doubter and critic of the movement at first.  On the face of it, the movement just appeared to be nothing more than a power of positivity message on steroids.  And Marie felt she needed more than positivity to help pull herself out of the dark place she had found herself in.  Her husband Arthur Pond had committed suicide and she blamed herself.

The Inner Peace Enlightenment movement is based on the principle of relationships and Marie has formed one with a bubbly blonde by the name of Julianne.  At first Julianne’s positivity was almost unbearable but the longer she spent with her, the more time she spent at the retreat, the more she found that this was more than just about thinking positive.  There was something deeper to this group’s message…

...and Marie liked it.

While some may call these halls bland, while some may find them as having no personality, The Phoenix currently finds herself walking these very halls with an ear to ear grin on her face.  She is wearing black capris, brown sandals, and a floral print sleeveless red top.  Next to her is the blonde known as Julianne, who is dressed in denim jeans, flip flops, and a white tank top.  The blonde is carrying a small backpack with her.

“So how long did this event last?” Julianne asks.

“I wanted it to be over quickly.” Marie points out. “Because I don’t want to hog the spotlight.  I didn’t want to think I was doing this for popularity purposes.  So I wanted to get it done with as soon as possible.  But of course as soon as the media found out what was going on and the word got out about what I was doing, some people would learn of this and want to come not to hear about what I had to say about the animal rights charities but instead just wanted to see me.”

The Phoenix sighs out of disappointment. “So yeah, I had to handle some SCW business.  I had to answer some questions about my career.  And I was polite and answered them in turn; but I remembered what you said, Julianne.  Focus on the positives.  So I focused the good I was doing for those animals that need our help.  I was focusing on the good attention that this event was bringing to the cause of animal rights."

“So it was a success?” Her blonde friend asks.  Marie nods her head exuberantly.

“Yes!  Big time success!  Many people there donated money, and of course I made my donations…”

“That’s great to hear, sweetie.” Julianne pulls Marie into a tight embrace.  Upon breaking the hug Julianne looks into Marie’s eyes and places her hands upon her shoulders. “It’s good that you didn’t fall back upon those old habits.  The habit of focusing on the negative instead of the positive is soooooooo easy for us.  But also try to remember what is truly important about all of this and it isn’t the money that was raised.  Money, as they say, is the root of all evil.”

“Yes…” Marie nods her head in agreement.

“What is important is the answer to this question; how did this act of good make YOU feel?”

Jones looks up at the ceiling for a moment and thinks.  She thinks about last week and the crowd reaction.  She thinks about the money she raised for a cause that she has always cared about but never really did much for.  More than anything she thinks about how it made her feel to help out and to get involved.  A smile creeps across her face as she looks down at Julianne.

“It made me feel awesome!” She exclaims. “It felt so good to to actually get involved and do something for someone else other than me!  I mean…” her voice trails off as they round a corner in the hall.  A plain black steel bench is against the wall.  Julianne motions for her and Marie to sit over there and they do so.  Julianne wraps an arm around her shoulders and smiles sweetly at her.

“Go on!” Julianne insists. “Tell me ALL about your feelings!”

“I mean, I’ve done some amazing things in my life.  In fact, just recently my sister and I became SCW World Tag Team Champions. And did that feel good?  Absolutely.  But this was a different kind of feeling.  It was a different kind of good...if you know what I mean…”

“I know exactly what you mean, sweetie!” Julianne beams happily. “It truly is a different, special way of looking at the world.  It isn’t just thinking positive or trying to see the silver lining.  For those of us here at the retreat, positivity is a lifestyle!”

Jones chuckles lightly. “Well, I have to admit, this lifestyle has certainly worked wonders for me.  I remember when I came here back in July that I was in a very dark place.  My husband had attempted suicide and the guilt of it, the horrible pain of it, led me to attempt suicide as well.”

“Careful, Marie!” Julianne states, still with that beaming smile on her face. “Do not fall back into the habit of negativity…”

The Phoenix shakes her head. “Never.  Because you taught me to focus on the positives.  I don’t have to try and forget Arthur; instead I focus on the positive, wonderful memories we shared together.  Arthur may be gone but he will not be forgotten.  He will be remembered forever within my heart.  But most importantly, this retreat helped me to finally move on.  I have no idea how I could possibly repay you, Julianne!”

“Me?” Julianne asks with a giggle and a shrug of her shoulders. “Oh nothing, Marie!  I am just here doing my duty as part of this wonderful movement.”

“Oh come now, there must be something I can do to help you out.” Marie insists, pressing the issue. “You have listened to me, you have given me such great advice these past few months, and now I want to do something to help you.  What can I do?”

Jones sits there and watches her friend ponder this question.  The Phoenix is sincere when she makes this request.  She does want to help Julianne in some way.  But will the blonde accept any help?  Does she need any help?

“Well, there is one thing…” her voice trails off.

“What?  Anything.”

“Do you recall what I told you several weeks ago; I told you that I have been at this retreat for quite some time now and during that time I have made many friends…” her face becomes downtrodden and sad “...all of whom have left after they receive the help that they need.”

Julianne takes Marie’s hands and then gazes deep into her eyes. “Join the Inner Peace Enlightenment Retreat.  Full time.”

“Full….time?” Marie arches her brow.  This request was not what she anticipated. She does recall this conversation she had with Julianne.  She recalls the hurt and pain she saw in her eyes then and the pain she sees now as Julianne thinks back to all of the friendships she had made over the years only for those people to leave as soon as they got what they needed.  Marie almost feels guilty as she quickly realizes that she was about to become another statistic in that lineage.

“Marie, Mr. Alfaro teaches us to always look at the positive side of things and to always think of others before ourselves.  So I hate to sound selfish but, please, if you do want to do something for me do this; or do it for the retreat.  The Inner Peace Enlightenment Retreat has done wonders for you.  How can you now give back?”  Jones is moved by her words but is still unsure of what she should do.  Marie sighs and shrugs her shoulders.

“I don’t know, Julianne.  I mean, this really does sound like a major commitment and when I commit to something I take it very seriously.  So maybe I should take time to think about it, you know?” She sees Julianne appear disappointed of the answer.  “But that doesn’t mean I’m saying no and it certainly doesn’t mean I am abandoning you.”

She sees a smile once again return to Julianne’s face. “I meant it when I said that we were in this until the end, Julianne.”

“I believe you…” she embraces her friend in a tight hug then breaks it and smiles knowingly at Marie “....come with me!”

“Where?”

“You’ll see.”

Julianne stands up and quickly motions for Marie to do the same.  The Phoenix shrugs as she stands up and follows her blonde friend further down the hall.  A few moments later they come to a black door with “Alfaro” engraved on the front.  Clearly this is the office of the owner and so-called leader of this organization, Raul Alfaro.  Marie is unsure about whether they should be disturbing him but the blonde is insistent as she quickly knocks on the door.

“Mr. Alfaro!  It’s Julianne!” There is a long pause.  Complete silence permeates the air.  Jones wonders if he is even in his office. But Julianne speaks up once more. “Marie is with me!”

A few moments later and the door opens.  Raul Alfaro is standing there in a clean white suit and black button up shirt underneath.  He smiles warmly at the two ladies standing in front of him. “Ah, Marie, and Julianne, how lovely of you to come visit with me!”

“We’re not bothering you, are we?” Marie asks nervously.  Raul shakes his head.

“Of course not.  I always have time for those who seek enlightenment and inner peace.” He steps aside and motions for them to enter. “Come, please!”

Marie is still hesitant but Julianne takes her and nearly drags her in her excitement inside the office.  Unlike the hall and the other rooms, this one is decorated heavily.  The floor is carpeted and there are two exotic plants on either side of a window by the wall.  African and Asian masks are hanging on the walls.  Ancient Mayan art sits upon his large oak desk.  Raul motions to a comfortable looking red sofa.

“Sit down.  Make yourselves at home.”

Julianne seemingly skips over and sits down on the sofa.  Marie, still reluctant, walks over slowly and sits down next to her friend.  Raul stands over the two in a dominant fashion but still with that warm smile on his face.

“So tell me, what brings you to my humble abode?” He asks, directing the question to both ladies but he is clearly staring only at Marie.  Julianne is the one who answers.

“Marie here and I have made tremendous progress since she started with us, Mr. Alfaro.”

“Is that so?” He asks, still staring a hole through Marie.  The Phoenix merely nods her head.  Julianne continues.

“In fact, she is even considering joining the retreat full time.”

“Really?” Raul arches his brow out of curiosity. “Is this so, Ms. Jones?”

“Uh, yeah…” she is still unsure but she did promise her friend that she would think about it and she must admit this place has helped her move past the suicide death of her husband Arthur. Marie nods her head. “...sure, I guess so.”

“In that case I truly am glad that Julianne has brought you here, Ms. Jones.  For you must be made fully aware that what we offer is not merely positivity as a thought process but positivity as a lifestyle.  Full membership means a change in not just your thinking but your way of life.” He places his hand upon Marie’s shoulder. “I trust that Julianne has taught you how to think properly and thus avoid the darkness of your past. That is what you want, correct?”

“Of course.” Marie nods her head.

“Good.  Did you know that I had a daughter once?” Jones shakes her head, signifying a no. Raul continues. “Well I did.  She was a beautiful girl; her name was Annabelle.”

Marie is taken aback by this revelation; the irony that his daughter’s name and her middle name would be the same is lost upon The Phoenix.  Her eyes are wide open and she is now fully engrossed in what he has to say. “Alas poor Annabelle was taken from me at an early age.  It was a car accident that took her life.  I blamed myself, of course, and for a long time I could not get over her loss.  But then I mastered this art of inner peace.  And I wanted to make it my life’s work to help others such as yourself master inner peace.  Ms. Jones, it is my sincere hope that you will continue to conquer this darkness, that you will continue to turn from it.  And trust me, through inner peace, you can do that.”

He holds out his hand. “So, will you join us?”




==========
On Camera
==========

Here we go again…

It’s like a bad movie that keeps getting played on television over and over again.  Ryan Watson and Autumn Valentine, zero fucks to give, and yet despite their claim to give zero fucks about anything, even the prestigious tag team championship of the world, they still seem to give at least one or two fucks, give a fuck enough to keep chasing after what Ryan and Autumn claimed was rightfully theirs.

That’s funny.  Real cute, even.  You say it’s rightfully yours and you want them back and yet you’re supposed to be the ones who don’t care?  You’re supposed to be the ones who gives zero fucks.  This is a bad movie with bad actors and a bad ending.  Rotten Tomatoes would give it a negative rating if it could.  Even worse than the rating they gave poor Madison Chase’s movie.

Twin Magic put an end to this bad movie at Apocalypse.  We put an end to you and your loathsome philosophy of not caring.  This great company needs athletes who will respect the championships representing their tag team division.  And that describes Kimberly and me up one end and down the other.

Is Kimberly a little goofy and weird at times?  Of course she is.  But one thing I can guarantee you is that she CARES about this sport and she CARES about being tag team champion.  She enjoys being tag team champion and wants to be the best tag team champion she can be.  Ryan Watson, you and Autumn are terrible representatives of this company and of this sport.  Your statement alone of not caring about the titles, not giving any fucks as you so eloquently put it, should disqualify you from title contention.

Unfortunately I don’t make the rules.  Kimberly and I just fight whoever Sasha puts in front of us and she saw fit to grant you a rematch.  You’d better start giving some fucks, because of you two dimwits continue to act this way, then Twin Magic will once again end you and this time there will be no sequel to this bad movie.

You had better believe Sasha won’t let a trilogy take place if we beat you for a second straight time at Under Attack.  Understand the position you are in, you HAVE to win.  Kimberly and I don’t have to win.  We just have to survive Under Attack.  But we’re not like that, we won’t accept ‘just surviving’...

...we’re going to win and win decisively.

No comments:

Post a Comment