Saturday, October 26, 2019

Inner Peace: Part 8


==========
10/23/2019
Kansas City, Missouri
Off Camera
==========

The night sky in Kansas City is rather beautiful; it might be somewhat of a surprise to know that these are the thoughts of none other than Kimberly Williams.  The way that The Woman Scorned acts most of the time would lead most to believe that she is quite the happy little sociopath, maybe even incapable of noticing things like beauty.  You would be wrong; not only does she notice beauty but she is far from a sociopath.  The Woman Scorned is most definitely capable of feeling emotions, and one of the emotions that overwhelms her this very moment is concern.

Concern and worry over the well being of her identical twin sister, “The Phoenix” Marie Jones, runs through her mind as she sits just outside of the Spring Center in Kansas City.  Williams has legs tucked up under her as she stares blankly up into the blackness of the sky, a sky riddled with bright stars.  Her appearance may give off the idea of a blank stare, but her mind is far from blank.  Thoughts of her sister Marie continue to run wild in her mind.

Marie Jones has not been the same since her husband, Arthur Pond, committed suicide.  She began dating Tommy Cook and that did help tremendously but still, there had been something off about her.  Kimberly couldn’t quite put her finger on it but she knew her twin wasn’t the same.  It’s an instinct that siblings, especially identical twins, seem to have about one another.  Kimberly sensed that something was wrong.  Her fears were seemingly confirmed when she learned that Marie had got caught up in a cult, The Inner Peace Enlightenment Retreat.

In the past Kimberly wouldn’t have worried.  The old Kimberly, the one who at one time was an enemy of her sister and the entire family, would have enjoyed watching Marie self-destruct within the confines of a cult, would not have lost any sleep over this.  Kimberly has changed since then.  She and Marie have made peace with one another and over the years formed an unbreakable bond that has now led them to the SCW World Tag Team Championship.

The old Kimberly was also severely detached from her emotions.  The old Kimberly truly was a sociopath incapable of feeling any human emotion.  Rarely does Kimberly ever wish a return to that point of her life but right now is one of those times.  How she wishes she could just not feel these blasted emotions!  How do people deal with emotions all the freaking time?!  It’s enough to drive any normal person insane and we all know that Kimberly is already beyond crazy.

“Kim…” the familiar voice startles Williams back to reality, for she had not been paying any attention.  She looks over to her left and spots her sister, Marie Jones, standing there.  She is dressed back in her normal clothes, consisting of an ankle length skirt, simple black flats, and a red sleeveless top, and she is ready to leave.

“Huh?” Kimberly can only manage the one word simplistic reply.

“Where have you been?” Marie asks incredulously. “I’ve been looking everywhere for you and you were nowhere to be found.”

“Oh, well I’ve been out here.”

“That’s pretty obvious.” Marie says with a light chuckle in her voice. “Why are you sitting out here all by yourself?”

“I just need to be by myself.”

The Phoenix stares at her sister, studying her closely.  Kimberly avoids her gaze, not wanting to give Marie any indication that something is wrong.  Too late for that, she realizes as Kimberly sits down next to her. “Too bad, you got company now.”

Williams stares incredulously at her identical twin sister.  The Woman Scorned wishes she weren’t here right now but Marie stubbornly refuses to leave her alone.  Kimberly rolls her eyes. “You’re not leaving, are you?”

“Nope.” Marie shakes her head. “Not without you, anyway.”

“Fine, you want to talk, then we’ll talk; but tonight you’re not getting the fun loving, semi-psychotic but happy go-lucky stabby stabby Kimberly.” The Woman Scorned shakes her head. “I’m gonna speak reality to you.  Is that cool?”

The Phoenix arches both brows out of surprise.  She hadn’t seen this side of Kimberly in many years.  In fact, the last time she saw Kimberly’s more serious side was way back when they were enemies.  To answer her sister’s question Marie nods her head.

“Good, now do you really want to know why I want to be out here by myself?  I don’t fit in anywhere else with anyone else.  Hell, maybe Tommy Wasley of Muchstache Ride, but he’s not here.  And as for you…” Kimberly shakes her head as her voice trails off.  Marie frowns.

“What about me?” 

“...I just don’t know you anymore.”

“You’re being silly,” Marie remarks, shaking her head “I’ve never been better.”

“Oh you think so?” Kimberly snickers nastily. “You’re foolish Marie.  I’m your identical twin, that makes us closer than most siblings.  Hell, for months I had the entire world convinced I was you, and I pulled that little stunt off twice...in IWC and the UWA...that’s how damn much I know about you.  I could take your place because I know how you act I know how you talk I know who you associate with.  I could fool the entire world any damn time I want.  Tell me I’m wrong.”

This serious side of her sister is troubling Marie.  Still, she speaks the truth and she cannot deny it.  In IWC Marie had been kidnapped by Kimberly who proceeded to take her place.  In UWA Marie wanted to pursue a singles career but couldn’t do so while competing as tag team champions with Sophie James.  She let Kimberly defend the titles in her place and UWA never figured it out.  In all honesty, Kimberly probably does know enough about her to take her place again if she wanted.  Marie nods her head in agreement.

“Good.  I’m glad you at least can agree with me on that much, and I don’t want you to get nervous.  I’m not falling off the wagon or anything.  I’m not reverting back to my old ways or anything, so you’re definitely safe.  I only say that to point out to you how well I do know you and I know damn well that the person I see before me isn’t the Marie Jones I know.  This isn’t the  Marie Jones who risked her physical well being as well her reputation just to give her psychotic twin sister a second chance at life, a second chance that I did not deserve.” Kimberly shakes her head in utter disbelief. “You’ve just changed, Marie.  That’s all there is to it.  You’ve been different ever since you started with that damn hippy cult.”

“Is that what this is all about?” Marie asks curiously. Kimberly just remains silent.  “You know something?  You’re right.  I have changed, but I have changed for the better.  And they are NOT a cult.  All the retreat did was help me to look upon the positive side of things instead of focusing so much on the negative.  This is making me happier now, Kim, and isn’t that really want everyone as a human being should strive for?  Happiness!”

“Foolish, foolish, foolish…” Kimberly repeats over and over again, running her hands through her long red hair “...you’re being completely naive!  Utterly and completely conned by these people and trust me, I know a good con when I see it!”

“How is happiness a con?” Marie asks.  Kimberly simply shrugs her shoulders.

“If only it were just about happiness.  I’m telling you, Marie, they have another angle.  I’m not sure what it is, but I am certain they have another angle because the shit they are trying to sell is too good to be true.”  A sinister grin forms upon her face. “In fact, why don’t you just let me go to that retreat one time, just one time, pretending to be you.  One time is all it will take for me to figure out what’s actually going on with those hippie clowns.”

“No, absolutely not!” Marie shakes her head vehemently. “You are not doing that!”

“And why the hell not?!” Kimberly exclaims.

“Look, I have let you pull the ‘Twin Magic’ card before.  I forgave you in IWC.  We did it together in UWA.  Now we’re doing it again here in SCW.    I even allowed you to go out on that date with my abusive ex…” her voice trails off.  Kimberly is taken by surprise by this revelation.  All of this time she thought that Marie had no knowledge of Kimberly taking her place on that date with her abusive ex-boyfriend who had been harassing Marie in an attempt to try and get her back.  Kimberly took a shard of broken glass to his throat that night and walked away, leaving him to die.  She did it for Marie, who Kimberly didn’t trust to do the right thing and get rid of him.  Realizing that Marie does know about the date makes Kimberly wonder if she knows about the murder as well?

“Yes, I know you took my place on that date, Kim.  I have no idea what you did but he hasn’t tried to contact me since then, so whatever you did I am grateful.” Apparently she doesn’t know that part of it. “But this is not going to happen.  This retreat means a great deal to me, Kim, and I don’t want to risk you ruining it for me.”

The Woman Scorned forces a smirk onto her face but this is just a front. Secretly she is hurt knowing that Marie thinks Kim would try to ruin anything for her.  “So it means a lot to you, huh?”

“It does.” Marie nods her head. “In fact, I am seriously thinking about joining.”

“Joining?” Kimberly’s eyes grow wide. “You’re joking, right?”

“I’m serious, Kim.  And If do join, I would appreciate your support.”

Kimberly wants to beat some sense into her twin sister.  She wants to yell and shout, she wants to try and convince her that joining this cult is the worst possible idea.  Unfortunately, Kim’s conscience will not allow her to; Kimberly cannot find the strength to argue against her.  The Woman Scorned feels so guilty about her past crimes against Marie and their family that she would do anything Marie asks, literally anything short of killing herself, to make things right.  Maybe Kimberly is the foolish one or maybe it’s just stubborn loyalty?  Whatever you call it, Kimberly just sighs and nods her head.

“Right.  Sure.  Fine with me…”

“Seriously, Kim.  I want your support.” Marie repeats, for she doesn’t believe Kim, who nods her head in agreement.

“Yeah, sure, I support you.”

“Forgive me if I don’t believe you but you were just running down the Inner Peace retreat a few moments ago.”

“Yeah, and I admit that I am not exactly thrilled with it, but if it makes you happy then I support it.” Kimberly smiles warmly. “I support your happiness, Marie.  If this makes you happy, then so be it.”

The Phoenix now feels assured.  She reaches over and embraces her twin in a tight hug. “Thanks, Kim!  Your support in this means a lot to me!”


Their sisterly hug is interrupted when they see a young man running towards them.  It is clear that he is looking for them as he is making a beeline towards their location.  Kimberly winks knowingly at her sister. “Can I staple him?”

“No.” Marie states definitively.  Kimberly pouts as she two in unison like good twins stand up just as the young man, wearing denim jeans, black sneakers, and a blue collared shirt, approaches them.  He is out of breath but, as they suspected, he was indeed looking for them.

“I finally found you!” He exclaims.

“No autographs at this time but we are handing out staples if you like!” Kimberly happily declares.  Marie rolls her eyes.

“Ignore my sister.  What can you we help you with?”

“Are you Marie Annabelle Jones?”

“Yes I am!” Kimberly declares.  Marie elbows her in the gut and she yelps.

“Again, excuse my sister KIMBERLY…” Marie sighs “...I am Marie.  How may I help you?”

“You know my sister.” He insists. “And you can help her.”

“Who is your sister?” Marie’s curiosity is peaked now.  Who could he be talking about?

“My name is Brandon and my sister is Julianne.” He pauses when Marie’s eyes light up with shock.  Kimberly can’t help but snicker at the irony in all of this, especially the irony of what Brandon has to say next. “She’s in danger from a monster named Raul Alfaro and his cult.”

“A cult you say?” Kimberly says with a gleam in her eye as she winks at her twin sister, almost as if to say ‘I told you so’. “A monster?”

The Phoenix isn’t happy about Kimberly seemingly mocking her in this ‘told you so’ manner.  She isn’t worried about that right now.  She is more concerned about Julianne.  She has grown to become a true friend of Julianne’s in the time she has spent with The Inner Peace Enlightenment Retreat.  While she may doubt Brandon’s accusations of the retreat being a cult or of Raul being a monster, she still must at least entertain what he has to say.  If only for Julianne’s sake.

As for Kimberly, she is all the more convinced that she must act now, whether Marie wants her to or not.




==========
On Camera
==========

I listened to what my sister had to say about Watson and Autumn and I had to admit, I got a little chuckle out of her!  Alway so serious about everything!  Such a good girl!  Some might even call her a prude but she is definitely the ideal company girl to represent SCW as a champion…

I’ll be the first to admit that I am among the farthest things from “company girl”.  I’m not who Sasha wanted as a representative of SCW.  I’m not the ideal person to be a champion in this company.  I’m sure for Sasha D it was bittersweet when Twin Magic won the tag titles at Apocalypse.  At least Ryan Watson and his whore no longer have the gold.  SCW still has to put up with a screwed up psychopath as champion but hey, at least that’s better than having two idiots who claim to give zero fucks about anything.

See that’s why I find this terribly ironic, because in another day and another age we could have gotten along brilliantly!  You two don’t care and neither do I!  What a threesome we could have had…

...wink wink…

You have to admit that Marie does make a good point when she says that despite everything you say, you actually do care about something.  I mean, you give enough of a fuck to come after us, am I right?  You gave enough of a fuck about us kicking your ass at Apocalypse to come back for some revenge, am I right?  Even if it is just about the least common denominator, the principle of revenge, you do give a fuck about something.

And you know, I do care about shit as well.  Come to think of it, I really only care about one thing in my life; my sister Marie.  You want proof?  I fought alongside Syren and her goons when Marie tried to become buddy-buddy with them.  I did it for Marie.  I would do anything for Marie.  And right now I can see the pride exuding from my sister now that she’s world tag team champion.

It isn’t arrogant pride, though.  It isn’t like the nasty kind of pride you see from Syren or Sienna or Bree or some of the other fools running around this company.  No, she’s proud of the honor and privilege she has earned to represent Supreme Championship Wrestling.  I don’t understand it, but I don’t have to understand it.  I just know that it makes her happy and I will be damned if I let either of you two clowns take that from her.

So while I do care about Marie, I can honestly tell you that I don’t care much for myself and that means you can expect me to do so many nasty, violent, and hurtful things to you two, all in the name of retaining the SCW World Tag Team Championship.

Marie may think it a bit annoying that we have to go through this song and dance yet again after whipping your asses at Apocalypse, but me?  I welcome the brutal and violent fun that we’ll share together!  So come on Ryan and Autumn, let’s dance just one more time!  Then you’re gonna get put down like the bad dogs you are and you will not get back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment