Friday, August 18, 2017

vs. Dirk Durrgan vs. Mya Denton




==========
Off Camera
==========

It’s a dusky out in the seemingly empty and abandoned streets of Boston, Massachusetts.  Actually, scratch that, it isn’t just “seemingly” empty and abandoned.  They ARE empty and abandoned.  It should trouble me that a city as big and busy as this, a city with such history attached to it would be abandoned of all humanity.  It is strange and eerie that not a single solitary human soul could be found within eyesight of this metropolis.

Yet I am not troubled.  I do not even find myself the least bit nervous as I walk the streets in a straight path towards some unknown destination.  It should also bother me that I do not know where it is I am going but, again, it does not bother me.  I just keep going.

And I keep going.

My name is Jessica Corey Lasiewicz-Jones.  My father is the wrestling legend Andreas Lasiewicz and my mother is the wrestling legend Angelica Jones.  I’ve gone by both last names at one time or another but most recently I’ve been using my maternal last name.  Despite my Polish heritage that I inherited from my father, I grew up in Boston.  I grew to have a great appreciation for Boston’s history, for this great city was the birthplace of freedom in the United States of America.

Freedom.  The mere sound of that word seems to jar something within me, something that seems to speak to me…

“Jessica!”

I stop as a very familiar voice rings out in my ear.  I turn to spy out of the corner of my eye a tiny bird cage, sitting on the ground, that comes up to about my knee.  Inside the cage is no bird but a miniature clone of myself.

“What on earth?!”

“Let me out!” The mini-me exclaims. “This isn’t right!  None of this is right!  Jessica!”

“No!” I shake my head vehemently. “No! Stop!”

“JESSICA!”

Suddenly I shoot straight up, my eyes opening wide as I look from side to side I realize that the cityscape and street view of Boston, Massachusetts is long gone.  I am in my hotel room in Detroit, Michigan.  I must’ve fallen asleep.

“Jessica!”



There’s that voice again.  Though I look over to the direction of the voice and I find not a miniature clone of myself but instead I find Summer Newman.

“Oh, Ms.Newman…” my voice trails off “…what are you doing here?”

“Forgetting something, Jessica?” She taps her wrist watch.  Immediately I turn and look at the clock on my nightstand and I sigh and shake my head.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Newman, I completely forgot about today…I know that Deliverance is just in a few days and this victory is very important to you and the purity movement.”

“Don’t worry about it.” She says smiling as she shakes her head. “It is just one time you forgot, and besides your opposition isn’t exactly spectacular.  Mya Denton…”

I chuckle as I nod my head. “This is true, but I am nervous about Dirk Durrgan.  He is an x-factor.  There is not much known about him so he could really impact this match.”

“Don’t worry about Dirk or Mya.” She responds as she approaches my bedside.  Immediately I get up out of bed and kneel before her. She places a hand on my shoulder. “You are The Archangel of Purity, are you not?”

“Yes, Ms. Newman.  I am The Archangel of Purity.”

“Then you will do the movement just fine and you will eradicate Dirk and Mya at Deliverance.”

“Thank you, Ms. Newman.”

“You may stand, Jessica.”  I do as I am told. I stand up and face her. “By the way, were you just up too late last night?  Why did you sleep so long?”

“My medicine, Ms. Newman.”

“Oh I see…” a strange look of concern comes across her face “…maybe you should cut back on that, Jessica?”

“If you say so, Ms. Newman.”



==========
On Camera
==========

“Never shall I forget that nocturnal silence which deprived me, for all eternity, of the desire to live.  Never shall I forget those moments which murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to dust.”

That was a quote from Elie Wiesel in Night, a book about the Nazi Holocaust against the Jews, the Polish, and anyone else he deemed unworthy.  Many suffered because many others remained silent.

Silence is golden, or so they say.  In this case, and still today, many view silence as complicity or consent against the impurities of this society.

Silence is an important topic here because, with just days away from Deliverance, Mya Denton has still yet to utter a word about our match at Deliverance.

What’s wrong, sweetheart?  Cat got your tongue?  Are you afraid to admit the harsh truths and difficult realities that you know to be true; a reality that states that you are unworthy to be in the same wrestling ring as The Archangel of Purity?

I won’t go that far.  Many will say that, many have that said that.  I will not say that, Mya.  I just let my actions speak louder than my words and believe me, Mya, I will speak VERY loudly when I crush you under my heel at Deliverance.

Then there is the wild card, the one called Dirk Durrgan.  I still know very little about him, primarily because he has yet to respond to my latest volley.  Is he being strategically silent, in fear of giving away his strategy against me, so he just doesn’t say anything?

No, the way he seemed to talk, his voice, his mannerisms, he didn’t seem bright enough to come up with such a brilliant move.  So perhaps it is just merely fear itself?  Perhaps he realizes that what I speak is the gospel truth and that he truly has nothing to do about it, that he truly cannot combat me at Deliverance?  Maybe, just maybe, Durrgan realizes that in his MCW debut he will fall flat on his face.

I hate wild cards, I hate failures, and I really hate silence.  All of this describes Dirk Durggan and Mya Denton to a “T”…so allow me to speak to them both in the language of a warrior people, the language of a people who have survived every bit of hell that this planet could throw at them.  Allow me to speak to them in Polish…

Twoja destrukcja będzie moją ekstazą.

Your destruction will bring me great happiness and great joy, Mya and Dirk, because your silence, your refusal to step up and acknowledge me, your desire to hide from me because you are afraid…

…not that I can blame you for being afraid…

…but your silence deems you unworthy to be in my presence in my ring.  So all I have to say to you, is simply this…

…Dobranoc.

No comments:

Post a Comment