Monday, December 18, 2017

4 Way Motor City Title

==========
Off Camera
==========

Thunder came like the prelude to a great song, impetuous rumbling permeating the air every bit as much as the sudden rain. At first it was a crack, violent to the ears, but after came a rolling sound that dissipated into the surrounding hills.  Jessica Jones, who sits inside of her Boston, Massachusetts home, jumps ever so slightly at the sound, thankful that, at least, she is inside and not outside in this mess.

The large, grandiose living room is uncomfortably large and is like a perfect magazine cover.  Inside Jessica sits on a couch that is cream but inlaid with a fine green silk; leaves embroidered so delicately that they might have landed there in spring and just sunk in, but we know they took hundreds of hours to sew.  The white curtains over the windows are linen, the kind of white that is untouched by hands and devoid of dust. A cursory look to the right shows me the almost hidden cords that are used to open and close them.  There is no television, no bookshelf, no dining table, only the chairs arranged around the bespoke fireplace which leaps with a gas flame.

Over the mantle are pictures of her loving and caring husband, Kyle Butler, who is not at home as of right now.  He has gone out on business.  When he will return is unknown and that’s what leaves Jessica even more concerned beyond just this storm.  Everything else is of her mother, no father here. Every decoration is feminine, there are those ubiquitous statements of love and friendship engraved into plaques on the wall. She idolizes love but cannot replicate what she has lost.

Another noise causes the redhead to nearly jump up out of the couch itself, but this time the noise is most definitely not from the thunder and lightning of the coming storm.  What she hears is thudding from upstairs.

Jones rises up off of the sofa and slowly makes her way over cautiously and silently to the fireplace.  She reaches up, pushes the pictures aside, and then produces a pistol.  She has an idea of what might be causing this noise, and if she is right then she is safe, but it is better to be safe than sorry.  Thus, with gun in hand, she quietly makes her way out of the room and out into the hallway.  There she heads towards the staircase.  She is at the bottom of the stairs and looks upward.  She gasps, startled at first at what she sees, but then she settles down.

“Oh…it’s you again…”

Looking up at the top of the stairs is what appears to be a life size clone, exact copy of Jessica herself.  Despite this highly unusual turn of events Jessica doesn’t seem phased, nor does she seem nervous in the least as her clone begins to make her way down the stairs and towards Jessica.  Once she is at the bottom of the stairs the doppelganger smirks.

“You don’t appear to be frightened.”

“I’ve seen and dealt with far worse.” Jessica remarks.

“This is true and I should know, considering the fact that I am you, after all.”

“That remains to be seen.”

“Seeing is believing, Jessica.  Look at me.” She twirls around three hundred sixty degrees. “I am you in nearly every way.  In fact, I am more YOU than even you.”

“How do you figure that?” Jessica snaps, getting somewhat offended. “I know who the hell I am!”

“No, you don’t.” The doppelganger shakes her head. “At least not yet, but you are getting there.  Soon you’ll know who you are.”

“More cryptic talk.” Jessica sighs and shakes her head. “I don’t get it…”

“Maybe I can clear something up, Jessica.  Tell me, what do you notice that’s different about me since the last time you saw me?”

“Uh, well,” Jessica stares at her doppelganger up and down very closely for several seconds and not noticing anything she finally shrugs her shoulders “nothing.  I don’t see anything different.  You look the same as me and…well…” her voice trails off.

“You are quite correct, I do still look the same as I always do.  But the big difference…” she chuckles “…pardon the pun…is that the last time I saw you I was very small in stature and I was locked inside of a cage.”

Jessica stares deep into this doppelganger’s eyes for several moments.  What she beholds is a familiar fire, a fire that she once had in her eyes.

“Who are you?”

“I’m you.” The doppelganger reaches out and touches Jessica on her nose. “Your real personality, your true self, the one Summer Newman has managed to keep under lock and key.  But as you can see I’ve grown, quite literally, in strength.  I’ve even escaped from my cage, as evidenced from the few times I did manage to regain control of our mental faculty…if even for a brief moment…and I’m almost there, Jessica.  But I still do not have enough strength to stay in control.  But there is something you can do to help yourself and me.”

She reaches out and places a hand on Jessica’s shoulder. “You are by yourself in Motor City Wrestling.  Summer doesn’t even attend the damn events.  She just stays in the lap of luxury and tries to command you from afar and tries to take credit for everything you do but really it is YOU who does all the work.  You earned this opportunity at the Motor City Championship.  It is you who should win that championship and take full credit for yourself for achieving it.  Understand?”

“I, uh…” Jessica pauses momentarily, hesitating to answer.

“Do you understand?!”

“Maybe, I….”

“JESSICA!”

Suddenly Jessica shoots straight up.  She blinks a few times and looks around to try and regain her bearings.  She notices she is no longer in her home but is inside of a long black limousine.  Next to her is Summer Newman.  Clearly Jessica had been sleeping.

“Jessica, are you ok?”

“Oh…uh, yes, yes I’m fine, Ms. Newman.”

“Good.  So do you understand what you have to do at Shattered Dreams?”

“Yes,” Jessica smirks knowingly “I understand what I have to do.”



==========
On Camera
==========

I want Chantelle and Tommy to listen to this very closely.  I want the entirety of Monarchy to listen to this very closely because I want each and every one of you to understand this.  Hell, I want everyone in Motor City Wrestling to understand this.  I will start by addressing The Monarchy,  Tommy Cook and Chantelle Chambers.

Some may be trying to drive a wedge between you two but I am not one of them.  I do not need to drive a wedge between you two in order to defeat you.  I can beat you both at one time.  I can maim and murder you both at one time.  Get your own damn special referee if you’re concerned about management trying to split you up, I’ll STILL beat you both within an inch of your lives.  This pathetic divide and conquer strategy is completely unnecessary.  I’d rather face the challenge head on. And that’s what you’re getting from me.  You get to face your nightmare head on and your nightmare comes in the form of The Archangel.

I am The Archangel and I am NOBODY’S sacrifice.  I cannot and will not speak for Clay Colton, but I will speak for myself when I say that I am not in here just to make this Motor City Championship look “legitimate” or to make it look “competitive” or to protects its “integrity” what with two Monarchy members in the match.  I roll over for no one and I always come to win and here’s a spoiler alert for Monarchy; Tommy and Chantelle combined do not have what it takes to stop me or to keep me down.

The notion of MCW or anyone else trying to split you apart is fake news, as they say. It’s a fake scandal.  But if you want to know the real scandal it’s the fact that you’ve been protected.  Monarchy and that Motor City Championship has been protected from me.

Just take a look back at what I’ve done since my arrival in this company.  I have quite literally been on a tear and came just this short of becoming Motor City Champion back at Purgatory and ever since then, ever since Monarchy has arrived on the scene, I was kept silently away from the title scene.  All the while I continued my winning ways.  The entire time I continued to run through this company.  Then they kept me off television for awhile.  Why?

For your protection.

That protection ends at Shattered Dreams because judgment day, YOUR JUDGMENT DAY, has arrived in the form of The Archangel.  I am your judge, your jury, and your executioner and I will be the one who decides your fate.

Clay Colton, do not think I have forgotten you.  I hope you don’t fall into the trap of Monarchy.  I hope you aren’t buying this bullshit they’re selling.  You are not a sacrifice and neither am I.  And this match isn’t about them, despite how much Chambers may want to make it out to be.

This is about the Motor City Championship.


My warning to you is the same one I give to Chambers and Cook; I will go through anyone and everyone to get that Motor City Championship, just as I have run roughshod through this company to date.  That title will belong to the Archangel and there is no one who can stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment